Thursday, March 11, 2010

2010, Haiti, Chile, Hawaii....





This first quarter of 2010 is rough. First Haiti, now Chile, and Hawaii preparing for the aftereffect tsunami.... The above is a photo of Chileans walking away from a bridge destroyed by the earthquake in Santiago, provided by Getty Images (sadly they did not credit the photographer). Here's the link to some other photos covering the aftermath of the quakes in Chile: http://www.cnn.com/interactive/2010/02/world/gallery.large.chile/index.html

I ask myself, like many others, why natural disasters often hit the indigenous people of the world, and why is it that we suffer the most, in our impoverished conditions, with our cultures exploited.

I've been inundated with work these past few weeks, and I've wanted to post but have been reserved to post about ongoing projects. Sometimes I think just seeing the finished project without seeing the steps to completing can be more compelling.

I'm getting geared up to go to DC to march in ANSWER's annual March on the Pentagon on March 20th. I'll be organizing with other photographers so that we can achieve as much visibility as this movement needs. If you're interested in coming along and shooting, send me a message or drop a comment.


Peace.


No comments:

Post a Comment