Friday, November 13, 2009

Not Just A Pretty Face...


I've recently been obsessing over beautiful, intelligent women who know their power, and have been fortunate enough in the last few years to really get to know some very respectable ladies :). My close friend, Christina Empress, is one of them. I met Christina through my friend Trevz, who publishes The New Pop, which is one of the dopest online magazines covering NYC artists (go check it out!!!!), who a few years ago, recruited Christina and I to be in a music video featuring NYC artists. The event brought many artists together, and when Christina and I met, it was love at first sight, lol. On the surface, you can see why - she's totally freaking gorgeous - but skin deep, she's even more awe-inspiring.



Christina has been DJing internationally for several years, and is currently working on the finalities of her solo album featuring her as the singer/songwriter, titled, "Disconnect" which will soon be released. I have been fortunate enough to hear a few songs and....my mind is blown. This girl is TALEN-TED!!!! She's going to go Platinum, I have no doubt. You can hear samples and get updates of this beautiful, intelligent, musical vixen at her website: http://www.christinaempress.com. She's in the middle of scheduling her tour dates and album release date, so stay tuned because her show is going to be off the hook!

Earlier this fall, I had the privilege of photographing her in a very intimate setting - her apartment! I enjoy shooting people in their environment because it reveals so much about their life, personality, and what inspires them. Enjoy the photos and check out her links...you don't want to be missin' out!





Become a fan of her's on Facebook: www.facebook.com/pages/Empress
Check out her new website: www.christinaempress.com
Listen to older songs: www.soundcloud.com/empress
Link to her old website: www.djempress.com


No comments:

Post a Comment